Yesterday made exactly one year since Andy and I arrived in London to begin our lives as expats(!). And, what better way to celebrate than with a post!
To mark our “one year in London” status, we’ve decided to share with you a list of the top 5 things we think you should do when you come to London.
Top 5 things to do in London – the Almontes Abroad way
1. Ride the tube. Anywhere. Ride it anywhere. I don’t care. Just ride the tube and experience it. Don’t, however, ride it during rush hour. Do, however, lower your voice and mind the gap.
2. Eat curry. Chicken Tikka Masala is arguably the national dish of England. And they don’t call it Indian food – they call it curry. And, they make it good here. So make sure you have some when you come to visit.
3. Have a pint at a pub. Drinking is practically a sport here. They drink, they drink a lot (they even drink outside!) and they drink often. Join in and have yourself a proper pint at a pub.
4. Visit a park. One of the things that makes London an amazing place is that despite being a big city, it offers lots and lots of green space. Check out this list from the Visit London site to discover its picks of some of the best parks London has to offer.
5. Check out pub theatre. If you’re looking to catch a show while in London, give pub theatre a go. Pub theatre offers a good way to catch a show (and a drink) for around £20 (or less!). This article lists a bunch of pubs you can catch a show at. Andy and I have been to pub theatre at The King’s Head in Islington and can personally vouch for it.
What did we miss? Comment below on your top things to do in London!